Saturday, May 12, 2007

Super Saturday


I was out and about in the countryside today and didn't have to drive. That was a great treat! I didn't take many photos as I didn't want to ask the driver to stop. I did once though, for a nice photo of a marsh pond.The weather was sunny but only nine degrees and quite windy so not too many people were in their gardens. Driving around was a very nice alternative. I went to a library sale and got a whole box of books. The two friends I went with got a ton as well, so with trading and all, we have books for a year!

Did you like the surprise music? Here's some music from a new-to-me artist. She has a nice, soft and mellow sound yet she sings with some feeling too; very nice. Her name is Mieka Pauley and her songs are Fate Day by Day and All The Same Mistakes. Give her a listen.

My youngest son is my only child at home this year for Mother's Day. We are going to brunch at the same place we went last year. It was wonderful. I'll forget my careful eating for one day, that's for sure.

Here is the ninth coincidence in the series of twenty: A novel that unsuspectedly described the spy next door
When Norman Mailer began his novel Barbary Shore, there was no plan to have a Russian spy as a character. As he worked on it, he introduced a Russian spy in the U.S. as a minor character. As the work progressed, the spy became the dominant character in the novel. After the novel was completed, the U.S. Immigration Service arrested a man who lived just one floor above Mailer in the same apartment building. He was Colonel Rudolf Abel, alleged to be the top Russian spy working in the U.S. at that time. (Source: Science Digest)

2 comments:

Ocean said...

Happy Mothers Day!!! I love you!!!!!!!

Cuidado said...

Thanks, Sweetie. You are loved right back!