Friday, May 18, 2007

Wanderering Duo


An earlier post today. I've been outside all day gardening and such and now have roofers putting a roof on my house. I have a headache and am tired so don't feel like walking. I may have to though because the roofers are making noise and that's not good for the headache.

I had visitors today. My neighbour has a new dog and he's turning out to being a wanderer. He takes their old dog with him and I think they may getting into trouble. They went onto the road after my house and that's where the trouble might occur. They could get hit by vehicles if they continue to go on the road.

I planted some hardy flowers today but I won't plant anything yet that doesn't tolerate frost. Not with the spring we've been having. I've got a lot of the yard work done and now have to get the mower going. The work never ends around here. You just have to keep on keeping on to stay on top of it all.

Music for the day: Flowerparts by Bob Schneider is appropriate for the day. I know a Canadian singer-songwriter who I really, really like by the same name but was not familiar with this American fellow. I like the music though. True Colors by Cyndi Lauper was a song from the late 80's or early 90's that I always liked. It's up today for all the colourful flowers I planted.

Coincidence Number Fifteen is another one featuring twin brothers. Twins brothers, same heart attack
John and Arthur Mowforth were twins who lived about 80 miles apart in Great Britain. On the evening of May 22, 1975, both fell severely ill from chest pains. The families of both men were completely unaware of the other's illness. Both men were rushed to separate hospitals at approximately the same time. And both died of heart attacks shortly after arrival. (Source: Chronogenetics: The Inheretance of Biological Time, Luigi Gedda and Gianni Brenci)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I stll can't believe about the snow. Is that some kind of record?
-A

Cuidado said...

No. It was well talked about in the media and it we've had snow this late before. We didn't get much.