Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Foxes

Click to Enlarge

I had a great experience today. I was having car work done and a friend and I went on several walks on the trail near her house. Someone had told her about a foxes den in view from the trail. We found it and I got several photos. There are several mounds of topsoil which contain numerous holes and tunnels to make this an excellent den. The mother was very wary and when I got a little close, she barked and her kits instantly went inside. I cropped/enlarged the photo to get a view, as I was quite far away.

I have to get rear brakes and a new muffler to pass my inspection. Drats! It is possible my muffler is under warranty still. Yeah! Between houses and cars, maintenence is very expensive. I am soon getting a new roof which is quoted at almost eight thousand dollars. Drats!

I can't think of any songs I have about foxes but I have Buffalo Girl by Chris Bathgate. It will have to do for music today. The Theme from Northern Exposure can make you think of foxes as well, or wildlife anyway. Here it is, song number ninety-nine, by David Shwartz.

The Twelfth coincidence: Two brothers killed by the same taxi driver, one year apart
In 1975, while riding a moped in Bermuda, a man was accidentally struck and killed by a taxi. One year later, this man's bother was killed in the very same way. In fact, he was riding the very same moped. And to stretch the odds even further, he was struck by the very same taxi driven by the same driver - and even carrying the very same passenger! (Source: Phenomena: A Book of Wonders, John Michell and Robert J. M. Rickard)

5 comments:

PJ van Zyl said...

wow must have been nice to just watch them

Cuidado said...

It was fantastic.

MommaBoo said...

WOW!
I live in an urban area and the only foxes I've EVER seen were at the zoo.
Nice pic! You're soooo blessed!

Cuidado said...

It's true Jennieboo. The wild is wonderful.

Anonymous said...

Wow that's really amazing!