Sunday, May 20, 2007

Colour Has Arrived


I have a few minutes, I guess. Enough for a start anyway. My son is supposed to be here already. We're having dinner together. I just got home from a friend's in town who made a big last move because they sold their house unexpectedly....one of those offers you can't refuse deals. Anyway I brought them a couple of cd's. One was entitled The Last Move and one is A New Home. I had more "moving" songs than one cd would hold. Sonny Boy is here. I'll continue later.

Sonny Boy is here with three friends. They are going to go fishing on the pond....in the rain. Supper is in the oven so I'm free to be here. Just found out that he's downloading a bunch of things while he's here. Really slows my stuff down

It's still raining but we so need it. I think the grass grew about two inches and the Island is finally green. The photo of Kenz was taken earlier today. Look at that grass and look at that forsythia bush. It's never bloomed this well before.

Music today is some of the music I've been playing making those last cd's. The theme is moving. Gimme Shelter is a Rolling Stones song we all know. Today's version is by Merry Clayton. It's a good one. Rochelle French does a fine job of Po' Boy Long Ways From Home. I already have Guy Davis' version up on Page One. I'm not sure if Rochelle's is the original version but it certainly is an old one.

Coincidence Number Seventeen: A writer, found the book of her childhood
While American novelist Anne Parrish was browsing bookstores in Paris in the 1920s, she came upon a book that was one of her childhood favorites - Jack Frost and Other Stories. She picked up the old book and showed it to her husband, telling him of the book she fondly remembered as a child. Her husband took the book, opened it, and on the flyleaf found the inscription: "Anne Parrish, 209 N. Weber Street, Colorado Springs." It was Anne's very own book. (Source: While Rome Burns, Alexander Wollcott)

2 comments:

Ocean said...

What did you have for supper?

Cuidado said...

LOL. We had chicken, and the usual salad, potatoes cooked in the oven. I had asparagas, J had mixed veggies. We had beets too.