Monday, May 07, 2007

The Pleasures


I've had a wonderful, wonderful day filled with skies, horses and friends. I took one friend to see a newish (one month) baby foal and then went to visit a friend with two horses in a pasture and one more delivered to said pasture while I was there.

The sky was incredible all day. The temps were higher and the sun was around with mackeral clouds but it was still quite windy. My friend and I walked for hours. I took 153 photos and felt those endorphins soaring.....my aim in life. I had a friend waiting for me when I arrived home. A grand day altogether.

The music today is to remind me of the lovely day I had. The Healing Game is from a Van Morrison album of the same name. It is one of my favorite Van Morrison albums. Carie Curtis has a great song, It's a Wonder, that kind of fits in for today. Give it a listen.

Number four in the series of coincidences: Twin Boys, twin lives
The stories of identical twins' nearly identical lives are often astonishing, but perhaps none more so than those of identical twins born in Ohio. The twin boys were separated at birth, being adopted by different families. Unknown to each other, both families named the boys James. And here the coincidences just begin. Both James grew up not even knowing of the other, yet both sought law-enforcement training, both had abilities in mechanical drawing and carpentry, and each had married women named Linda. They both had sons whom one named James Alan and the other named James Allan. The twin brothers also divorced their wives and married other women - both named Betty. And they both owned dogs which they named Toy. Forty years after their childhood separation, the two men were reunited to share their amazingly similar lives. (Source: Reader's Digest, January 1980)

2 comments:

Ocean said...

how did they meet?

Cuidado said...

I do not know.