Sunday, May 06, 2007

Walk Around The Lake


Music has taken hold of me this weekend. I can't get enough. My ears are ringing. I did step away for it a bit when I called Brody and sat outside while we talked. I was bundled up in a sweater and jacket but the sun was shining. I wasn't sure if I'd recognize the yellow orb, it's been so long. I've been making playlists getting ready to burn some cd's for some friends.

My computer is acting weird all of a sudden. I just typed the whole previous sentence and only a few words were up on the screen. What's up with that?

The photo above is of a statue in downtown Barrie, Ontario. It's a wonderful sculpture and what I like best is that the "wing feathers" or "fish knives" sway in the wind. I didn't realize that till this recent visit. I've photographed it before but it must have been a calm day.
From Wikipedia: On 12 June - 13 June 1987, a sculpture called Spirit Catcher by Ron Baird was moved to Barrie from Vancouver, British Columbia, where it had been exhibited as part of Expo '86. The sculpture was erected permanently at the foot of Maple Avenue on the shore of Kempenfelt Bay.

Music for today is from the playlist I'm working on. Here is Lee Dorsey with an oldie but goody, Workin' In A Coalmine. Walk Around The Lake is from the band with the coolest name this week, Lost In The Trees. Kind of like me being lost in the music. I think there's a theramine (I don't know the spelling) used as an instrument in this song. I've got to research this band. I've heard two songs and like them a lot.

Coincidence Number Three:
A bullet that reached its destiny years later
Henry Ziegland thought he had dodged fate. In 1883, he broke off a relationship with his girlfriend who, out of distress, committed suicide. The girl's brother was so enraged that he hunted down Ziegland and shot him. The brother, believing he had killed Ziegland, then turned his gun on himself and took his own life. But Ziegland had not been killed. The bullet, in fact, had only grazed his face and then lodged in a tree. Ziegland surely thought himself a lucky man. Some years later, however, Ziegland decided to cut down the large tree, which still had the bullet in it. The task seemed so formidable that he decided to blow it up with a few sticks of dynamite. The explosion propelled the bullet into Ziegland's head, killing him. (Source: Ripley's Believe It or Not!)

4 comments:

Ocean said...

those are crazy facts!!

Gattina said...

I am looking for Photo Pherret's "Storm" lol ! These pictures are not really stormy !

Cuidado said...

Wrong place, Gattina. Photos and Pursuits is my place for photo challenges.

Ocean, glad you were able to get on. I called you yesterday, got the message machine.

Ocean said...

really, wierd!!! Call me tonight. Miss you and can't wait to see you when I get home!