Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Flowers For Cheer


These tulips are now open but a photo from last week will have to do today. I'm in a state of shock. I just paid for my roof. I knew how much it was going to cost but writing the cheque and handing it over is another story. Taxes and car insurance went out this week too, as well as the regular monthly bills. It's a good thing work will be starting soon.

I got two of the three cd's I was working on finished today. I couldn't mow because the roofers were here so went walking but tomorrow mowing is the main order of business. My kids all like to mow and I don't at all. The problem is my kids no longer live here. My daughter will mow for me when she is here next week, she says. I'll hold her to it if she wants to eat Mama's cooking.

The last coincidence in the series is here today. I had another similar page bookmarked with fifteen coincidences. I'll check to see if they are the same or have overlaps. If there are any extras I will add them. The 21st, a bad day for King Louis XVI
When King Louis XVI of France was a child, he was warned by an astrologer to always be on his guard on the 21st day of each month. Louis ws so terrified by this that he never did business on this day. Unfortunately Louis was not always on his guard. On June 21st 1791, following the French revolution, Louis and his queen were arrested in Varennes, whist trying to escape France. On September 21st 1791, France abolished the institution of Royalty and proclaimed itself a republic. Finally on January 21st 1793, King Louis XVI was executed by guillotine.

Music for today is some of what is included in the cd I'm working on now. One is Cold Engines by Phil Campbell and the other is Beautiful Girl by Jonatha Brooke.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mowing the lawn for you last summer was one of my favorite things!! I keep telling S we need to buy a house where the lawn is big enough for a ride-on! :)
-A

Cuidado said...

You can come by any time.....