Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Cleaning Out


I'm kind of exhausted. I've been cleaning my shed since nine this morning. PEI has a spring (and fall) cleanup that has just started this week so I'm taking full advantage and getting rid of some junk. I've already had cars stopping to check out the pile and they took a kitchen sink I had discarded. I'm making this short so that I can sit on the deck to enjoy some sunshine and relax some sore muscles.

Music: Something from a long time ago. Youngin's may not have even heard of Donovan. He has a funky little number about a mountain which reminds me of my cleaning job today. Have a listen to There is a Mountain with references to "shedding the skin and finding a butterfly within." Donavan was popular in the sixties. Treasure Untold by Loudon Wainwright III is for the idea of finding a treasure in other people's junk. There sure is a pile of it at the end of my driveway.

Coincidence Numero Cinque: Just like Edgar Allan Poe's book
In the 19th century, the famous horror writer, Egdar Allan Poe, wrote a book called 'The narrative of Arthur Gordon Pym'. It was about four survivors of a shipwreck who were in an open boat for many days before they decided to kill and eat the cabin boy whose name was Richard Parker. Some years later, in 1884, the yawl, Mignonette, foundered, with only four survivors, who were in an open boat for many days. Eventully the three senior members of the crew, killed and ate the cabin boy. The name of the cabin boy was Richard Parker.

No comments: