Thursday, May 24, 2007

Bob is Sixty-Six


That big yellow orb that is sometimes present in our skies appeared today. It remained cold till after noon but we've finally hit the seventeen degrees that was forecasted. There's still a north wind blowing so it feels cooler. I went to a country garden at eight-thirty this morning to pick up some plants I had ordered and we nearly froze. I left the plants in the car to stay warm till four.

I went on another superwalk today. I was gone an hour and a half and walked really fast and got the endorphins streaming. Wow!!!!!!!! I have a real hankering to go to the beach. I don't know the tides and will check them for tomorrow. I want to go when the tide is low and I still have to mow because of the coldness today. I'll work it all out. Work starts in a couple of weeks so I have to get to the beach now, as often as possible.

It's Bob Dylan's birthday today. He's sixty-six so became a senior citizen last year. The music today will come from him. The first song is Shooting Star. It's one of my favorite Bob songs and always reminds me of my kids cause they're all shooting stars. A seven minute song with a groove is selection number two. It is Cold Irons Bound from the album, Time Out of Mind. OK, one more.....This one is live from Carnagie Hall in 1961 and is a real treat for Bob Dylan fans. If I don't get a comment after uploading this one, I don't quite know what is wrong. Happy Birthday, Zimmie.

2 comments:

PJ van Zyl said...

Ha we have him all the time in winter and right now that orb isn't doing much
have a great weekend

Cuidado said...

Thanks Pete. We're going to 23 today!!!!