Sunday, May 27, 2007

Super Women


My, my, it's been a whirl wind around here. I've been invaded with twenty-somethings and it's been fabulous. I've been having a blast. I've had my own friends here for the weekend as well, so we've been partying pretty heartily amogst us all. We've been very physically active along with the festivities with a bocce ball game last night and the above display of athletics this afternoon. My friend and I spent the afternoon at the beach. Again, that was glorious. Everyone has had a wonderful weekend. We leave for Halifax tomorrow for the convocation ceremony. Exciting times!

A big bonus to spring this year and quite early actually is that we have day old ducklings in the pond. I only discovered them this afternoon when the light was not good for photos. I hope to get a couple of shots of them soon. There are one day old teal I think, though they could be mallards. Last year we had a Mama who finally gave up after several attempts at sitting with a raccoon or fox, probably, always getting her nests. This is a great treat.

Music: Drinkin' songs: Well, about drinkin' anyway. This is a very old one from when I was a teenager. Spill The Wine from Eric Burden and War was a popular song in about '69 or '70. Willie Nelson's got a song for the country lovers.........Cath.....Willie's doing I Gotta Get Drunk. A Jockey Full Of Bourbon from Tom Waits is a third selection and my favorite of the three. It's from Beautiful Maladies from 1998.

No comments: