Sunday, May 13, 2007

Mother's Day



Oh what a day I've had! I don't know if I'll be able to eat until next week after the wonderful brunch I attended. The problem is I have an oven full of ribs that I was supposed to cook yesterday but cooked today and a friend of my daughter dropped off lobster for Mother's Day. I also have asparagus coming out of my ears (looks really funny). No, there's no wolf at my door.

My son was wonderful company at brunch. I talked to my daughter a couple of times today and I just got off the phone with my son and grandson . I was pretty sad for a time this morning but I'm findingMother's Day a little easier each year. I called my dad this morning but he was out so I talked to my surrogate mom instead. They all know how hard this day has been for me in the past.

For music today the ultimate Mother song....the one from John Lennon. Patsy Cline always reminds me of my mother so here's one for my Mom, Crazy by Patsy Cline.

We're half way through the coincidences and it's one that is pretty well known:
Mark Twain and Halley's Comet
Mark Twain was born on the day of the appearance of Halley's Comet in 1835, and died on the day of its next appearance in 1910. He himself predicted this in 1909, when he said: "I came in with Halley's Comet in 1835. It is coming again next year, and I expect to go out with it."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Mom,
Remember the Goose nesting you saw here a couple weeks ago? She isn't esting anymore - we saw her yesterday with all her gooselings..!
-A

Cuidado said...

That's cool. Did you stop and show the children?