Monday, May 21, 2007

Endorphins Are My Friend


I've probably been starting each Monday with something like, "What a day I had today" or something to that effect. I repeat that sentiment today. Our hike was amazing. The leaves are just emerging as well as all those pollen-filled tree flowers such as the one pictured above. The landscape is absolutely stunning right now. I probably said the same thing last year but I think it's prettier at this time of year than in the fall.

We walked for two hours and ten minutes today in very steep terrain. The roads were wet from the weekend of rain. I took one of my friends dogs today and handed her off for a few minutes if I wanted to take a photo. The endorphins were pumping and I'm already sorry I'll miss it next week when we're at my son's convocation. Hmmmm....maybe Sunday.

I'm making a cd for my other son. I brought them some on my recent visit and he's requested more. I like that as I love making them. I made five for different people last week and am working on three now. I'm making a copy of this one for myself too. I like it. One song from the list that I had stuck in my head all day is Enjoy Yourself by Todd Snider. Two more on the cd are Bye Bye Frankie by Scott E. Moore and Got Up This Morning by Sage France and Jolie Holland. Hey Hon, you get a sneak preview. All can be found on Page Two.

Coincidence Number Eighteen: A writer's plum pudding
In 1805, French writer Émile Deschamps was treated to some plum pudding by the stranger Monsieur de Fortgibu. Ten years later, he encountered plum pudding on the menu of a Paris restaurant, and wanted to order some, but the waiter told him the last dish had already been served to another customer, who turned out to be de Fortgibu. Many years later in 1832 Émile Deschamps was at a diner, and was once again offered plum pudding. He recalled the earlier incident and told his friends that only de Fortgibu was missing to make the setting complete — and in the same instant the now senile de Fortgibu entered the room.

No comments: