Monday, May 14, 2007

Fields and Trees



My Monday hike today was very, very fabulous. We walked for just under two hours. Next week we have a really long walk planned. We may even take lunch with us. We were through woods and meadows and up and down the hills. It was a wonderful workout. I had two desserts to walk off.

I'm spreading daffodils far and wide. When you have hundreds you share the wealth. They're so bright and sunny and bring cheer. The tulips should be out in a few days; they're my favorites.

I've just had to turn the heat on to get some chill out of the house. Again today, it's very sunny with a cold north wind. I had two sweaters on during my hike. Brrrrr.

Where Do We Go From Here is a question you keep asking your hiking partner when you don't know the area. It is also one of today's songs from Shade Tree. Old Cypress Tree by Shannon McNally and Charlie Sexton is today's other song. Yes, music by a tree and about a tree.

Number Eleven Coincidence: Three strangers on a Train, with complementary last names
In the 1920s, three Englishman were traveling separately by train through Peru. At the time of their introduction, they were the only three men in the railroad car. Their introductions were more surprising than they could have imagined. One man's last name was Bingham, and the second man's last name was Powell. The third man announced that his last name was Bingham-Powell. None were related in any way. (Source: Mysteries of the Unexplained)

3 comments:

Ocean said...

CAll me tonight and let me know the news k?

Cuidado said...

Will do.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.