Friday, November 23, 2007

Favorite Songs


An early post today. I have friends coming for the afternoon who are arriving around two. Another friend was here this morning to put in a new set of bathroom taps for me. When he opened the box, there were no taps in it. He just called and has decided to come this afternoon too. He will pick up taps at another store and put them in. That's good as I have everything pulled out from under the sink and in another room so I'll have it all over with.

I have Page One cleaned up but there is a lot of music missing on Page Two as well. I hope to get to that next week. One song I found removed from Page Two, I am putting back up today. Is You Is or Is You Ain't My Baby is one of my all time favorite songs. I heard it first from Louis Jordan but Joe Jackson and Renee Olstead have done fabulous covers. My daughter is a great fan of the Renee Olstead version.

Her version was the first song I put on my music page along with Louis Jordan's version. When I started Page Two after the 500 songs on Page One became too ruly, the first song I put on it was Joe Jackson's version. For some reason, out of the 59 songs remaining on Page One, Renee and Louis are still there. Not so for poor Joe on Page Two. I'm linking all three versions and Jack, You Dead by Joe Jackson. This song is from the same era as Is You Is . Joe Jackson did an album of these jumpin' jive songs in the seventies as a tribute to his father. One of my all time favorite albums.

No comments: