Monday, November 19, 2007

One in Five


They say that one in five women you know will get breast cancer. I have a friend who was just diagnosed with cancer in both breasts. I am in total shock. This vital, amazing woman is in for the fight of her life, literally. She is strong and she's a fighter so I'm betting she beats this and teaches all of us a whole lot in the process.

I've been painting for a couple of weeks but keep saying I feel like doing glass work. Last night I got a probable commission. That should satisfy the itch. Makes me get at the painting with earnest too because I can only do one thing in my studio at a time so will have to be done with the paint so I can put it away.

On Monday I usually look forward to tomorrow's hike but my mind is only on my friend. Today's music is for her. And The Healing Has Begun and The Healing Game both by Van Morrison come to mind first. I already have The Healing Game up so here's another Van classic, Did You Get Healed. This is from his Live In Montreaux 1990 bootleg.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I think everyone has known at least one woman who has been stricken with this horrible affliction. Support from friends and the friends of friends is crucial.
Tell her that I am sending good thoughts from the good side of the Rockies.

Cuidado said...

She is in hiding right now ....preparing for the fight. She is one of the strongest women I've ever known so she will give cancer a run for it's money. I have to tell a mutual friend this bad news this morning and am not looking forward to that. I'm going to wait till we're a couple of km. in the woods.

Ocean said...

You need to call me and let me know too....Is it G?