Saturday, November 10, 2007

Weathery Weekend

Blueberry Field in November


Here it is another Saturday and we're awaiting a storm. Last week it was post hurricane Noel and today a Nor-easter is expected. I will get some water ready in case we lose the power again and I have food and a stove so I'm all set. It's just a bit of weather.

I've been trying to get rid of some files. The photos are easy enough but the music is darned near impossible. I am strict enough when I first get music that if I don't like it I don't keep it which means I like everything I have. Once in a great while after several listens to something I can let it go but this doesn't happen all that often. I backup every month or so on an external hard drive so they're safe but it seems things are slowing down when I have multiple windows open so it would be nice to have some more something. I'm not sure if it's room on the hard drive.

For music I have cuts from Atlantic Canada to share. Shaye is a group of three women. Tara MacLean is from PEI and is Brody's (who is linked on the side) cousin. Kim Stockwood and Damhnait Doyle are Newfoundlanders. They formed a group and made their debut album in 2003. Sinead Lohen's song, No Mermaid was a cover on that first release. Here is Shay's version and Sinead's which was already up. Jenn Grant is another Prince Edward Islander with a song or two. Here is Rainy Day for the expected weather.

No comments: