Friday, September 15, 2006

Blurry


It's Friday night. It's late and I've had my fill. My friend Serge is here doing the Friday night Happy Hour thing that is mostly defunct but is still happening on many levels. We just played "Serge", one of my playlists from last year and found Baby Please Don't Go by Mississippi Fred MacDowell that I'd put on a playlist for him last year. It's definitely worth a listen. We found it quite funny that I'd put up another version just today. It's from Greg Brown & Bill Morrissey.

We've been dancing and now it's time to slow down. It's way past my bedtime and I have to work in the morning. We're good that way...my friends are all accommodating to each others work schedules and moods.....we're mature now. It's time to slow down the dancing.....another one from the "Serge" playlist...La Vie En Rose but this time by Edith Piaf. I swear we're coming full circle tonight. Didn't I post this song by another person yesterday? Edith's version is the standard for all others isn't it. It's not my favorite but it does set the standard....the first one I ever heard and definitely a favorite of the multitudes. I think sometimes that I have too many versions of too many songs....but....that thought is only fleeting when you're a collector of songs.

1 comment:

Carol Tiffin James said...

I am unfamiliar with most of your music references, but I finally recognized one in Piaf's La Vie En Rose! That is one of my favorites. I sang that song in a dinner theatre in Memphis about 15 years ago.