Monday, September 25, 2006

Dancing as Fast as I Can


What is the world coming to? Just looking at this British luncheon meat, I can tell already, I'm allergic. I wouldn't eat that for a hundred dollars. It will be fed to kids though...hopefully not my grandchildren.

Anybody want to work for a couple of weeks? I desperately need a break. I think I've become run down; an ear infection last week, a cold now and I'm exhausted. The 70 mile yard sale was even busier than expected with people waiting an hour for a table....were they crazy? I had even made seating for twenty more for the weekend. We ran out of food and the cook brought home a huge pot and bought ingredients to make chili to get us through Sunday. God bless her because I couldn't have done that on Saturday night. She didn't put the miles on her feet that I did though, so was able to. I had a quick bite to eat when I got home, called my Dad to wish him a happy 75th birthday and went to bed at 8:30. I didn't even have enough energy to call my brother who's birthday is the same day as my Dad's. I've never needed a day off as badly as I do today.

Music: Dos Gardenias by Maria Rita Mariano is a nice version of my favorite slow dance song from my well-played Buena Vista Social Club album. I have a bit of Spanish and could never quite figure this song out. I asked a Mexican friend of mine of the lowdown and it was what I had been getting all along. The man gives his woman two gardenias and if they die that means the woman is cheating on him. I couldn't believe this was actually what the song was saying but it is. Oh well, poetic license. I hope that equasion is never faced by anyone I know. Song number two, Tango Cancion by Gotan Project, good music if you want to tango. I'm a little tired for tangoing myself but I'd highly recommend it if you have some energy. For song number 250, keeping with the Latin theme, and this time, a more energetic dance, try on Mambo by Lila Down's band from her album Trazos.

No comments: