Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Covered Up

Last night on the way home from trivia I heard a cut from a new Madeleine Peyroux album. I can't wait to get some of that! I love her work. She sounds like she's been around forever. She reminds me of so many women of the past and does covers of songs from the past.

Speaking of covers, that's the theme for today's uploads. Besides La Vie En Rose by Madeleine Peyroux, listen to Greg Brown's cover of Dylan's Not Dark Yet. I love moody music and Greg's voice is always moody. He does a great job on this favorite one of Dylan's. I have it on my September playlist so play it almost every day. Another that's received a fair amount of playtime here on my computer is Johnny Cash and Nick Cave's version of I'm So Lonesome I Could Cry.

We came third last night by three quarters of a point. What hurts is that both S and I had some correct answers but were talked out of them by the rest of the team. If we'd insisted we would have come second or maybe first. I'm not sure what the spread was. We had fun though, as always and gave some of our free beer away. All of the regular teams seem to pass swag back and forth each week like that. It's fun.

No comments: