Friday, September 08, 2006

Simple


I don't have Photoshop. What you see in my photos is from my bottom of the line Canon Power Shot 520 set to Auto. I turn the flash off or on and turn macro off or on and that's it. I downloaded Picassa, a Google product, which allows me to crop photos and use some special effects. I played around with it last night and got this. It feels like cheating though. Photoshopped photo are definitely cheating to me though my best friend and a trillion other people use it. I'm just a simple girl.

Music today: Camera Obscura doing their Lets Get out of This Country and Aretha - Natural Woman .

I'm only home for an hour and have to go back to work for a board meeting. I'm kind of bummed about it because a group of women who I worked with for years organizing a yearly women's event is meeting at the same time to plan our Swan Song Event. I passed in some comments and suggestions through S. but would rather be there because we have so much fun when we get together. But, duty calls and the job comes before a fun group of women as much as that hurts.


6 comments:

xenmate said...

You are a purist then?

I use it normally to play with the saturation and little else, although sometimes I do add other effects. I don't feel I'm cheating. After all, you could claim that just taking the picture is cheating.

Cuidado said...

Just truth loving, Xenmate. I'd rather see a real face than an airbrushed face or a body that is photoshopped to look thin.

Anonymous said...

Yes, when it comes to depictions of people I guess I agree with you. But don't you think, for example, that the effect you used in your picture of the horsies makes it look like a dream?

Cuidado said...

Certainly, special effects have their place and I'm not a purist by any means. I just felt weird putting that picture of the horses up; it felt like cheating to me.

Anonymous said...

I use Photoshop Elements, but only for processes that, in the old days, would have been done in the darkroom (cropping, brightness, contrast, saturation, etc and some toning effects).

Christine said...

Swan Song Event? Is that the same as the Women's Event?? Is it back on again?? I know a few people who would LOVE to go. I never did make it to the Island for it either. I was planning on coming the last year it was on, but never did...