Monday, September 18, 2006

Live and Not Live - Would That Be Dead?


This is the photo of my brother's that I meant to upload last week. Another one he'd sent got up there instead.

It's been a great day off. No napping unless you call going back to bed at six am napping. I slept till nine. I had another step in letting go of Clarke today. He left a muddy footprint on the kitchen window the day after I last cleaned it. I washed it off today. I still call for him every day and have not given up hope that he'll be back but I do have to let him go in case he doesn't. Clarkie!!!!

I made a vegetarian chili today to use up some chanterelles and some tomatoes a friend gave me. S came out for supper and brought some nice bread and some new Reeses chocolate bars for dessert. Yumm. A good day off when it ends with chocolate!

A couple of Tom Waits selections for the music page. His very cute, live version of Better Off Without a Wife where he takes himself out on a date and takes advantage of himself. More appropriate to today, Chocolate Jesus from Mule Variations. I also have his live version from Live in Seattle. It's two whole minutes longer but it too is fun. I'd like to see Tom live because his live albums are always fun.

No comments: