Thursday, September 21, 2006

First Day of Autumn?


I've been bugged all day about why I couldn't upload on this blog. The other two blogs are having no problem. Well, all seems to be working now.

Weird day. I was trying to make apple jelly and the amount of apples was supposed to give me seven cups of juice. I got three. My cook told me that her mother said that this is the norm for the year...things are less juicy. Is that not odd? I should be out there picking more now but am wiped from the antibiotics and will do it in the morning.

We are getting ready for the 70 Mile Yard Sale that happens in Eastern PEI this weekend.....our busiest days of the year and we don't even have a yard sale. We have bathrooms and excellent food specials and there are 10's of thousands of people on the roads. One year S. and I were out grabbing the deals and were almost in accidents three times in 15 minutes. People are just thinking about the next stop on the map and pull out on the highway without even looking behind them. Defensive driving skills have never been as important as during PEI's 70 Mile Yard Sale.

Music today: An easy listening Brazilian beat though I don't know if the singer or band is Brazillian. It just reminds me of Brazilllian music. O Bonde Do Dom by Marisa Monte. With all the activity around I need relaxing. One of my favorite singers, Susana Baca, from Peru, has some relaxing music. Today's upload is La Macorina. A favorite from her is Maria Lando, not relaxing, but one of my favorite songs of the decade. It's a song about work....working alone. It's been listened to quite a bit on the music page. When I opened it to get the link, I see twenty-five hits. It should have double that because it is such a great song but again I say, it's all a matter of taste.

2 comments:

Ocean said...

did you take that picture?

Cuidado said...

Yes, at Superstore.