Monday, September 11, 2006

Counting On You

The sun is shining and I am not working today. All is good with my world. I almost wrote the world but that would be wishful thinking.

I did the monthly check on my music page, clicking each song so that it stays up. I love what I find each month. The big winner with most clicks this month is one of my favorites too. My uncle told me that he loves the song so much that he stays up till the middle of the night to watch a British TV show because Quisas is the theme song.
  • Quisas, Quisas, Quisas, or Perhaps, Perhaps, Perhaps by Lila Downs - 62 more clicks
  • A Song for You by Ray Charles got 32 more hits
  • Under the Bright Lights by Ryan Auffenburg - 28 hits
  • Our Town by Kate Rusby an additional 26 hits
  • Rufus Wainwright's version of Across the Universe -22 plays
  • There's a Boat that's Leaving Soon by Shirley Horne and Buona Sera by Louis Prima got 20 more plays.
  • If Tomorrow Never Comes by Ronan Keating, an additional 18
  • Sonny's Dream, The Haircut, and Sunshine on a Rainy Day and These Flowers each got 16
This makes me want to put up some other versions of some of some these songs for your comparison. A Song For You was written by Leon Russell. I'll put that up today and have a few other versions that will go up eventually. The Gershwin's, There's a Boat That's Leavin' Soon's absolute best, best, best version is by Phoebe Snow. Up it goes today. Iris Dement wrote Our Town. I'll put that up today but I like Kate's version way more though country lovers would probably like Iris's. She's accompanied by John Prine in this version. It's all personal taste.

Soon I'll put up some more Lila Downs, Ray Charles, Ryan Auffenburg, Rufus and Martha Wainwright, Louis Prima, and The Waifs.

I love putting the music up and I'm glad someone listens to it. I have no idea who does other than my daughter occasionally, because everyone I ask says they don't listen to it. It's still a mystery.

No photo because Blogger won't let me today.

No comments: