Sunday, September 10, 2006

September 10th - An Auspicious Day


The Bride and her Brother

Friends



The Card in Dispute

Another week of work finished and another day off tomorrow. Yeah! Nothing special is planned for the day off other than a search for more chanterelles. I'm going to visit some friends too but that's about it other that the usual house cleaning.

Got hoodwinked into attending a wedding reception yesterday. My son and I were invited as a couple but I had declined the reception. The bride insisted I go and my daughter was part of the wedding party so I went. I didn't stay late at all and was in bed at my usual time after having just one dance.

I'm very cynical about weddings and really should not attend any aspect of then. My daughter was upset about the card I gave the couple. I put a quote about marriage on it and wrote, "Good Luck With That." Click photo to enlarge. Oh well, it's how I feel and the bride knew this....and still wanted me to come.

Music for today: A really different version of Your Cheatin' Heart.........was I talking about being cynical about marriage? This is by, believe it or not, James Brown. It's my oldest son's 29th birthday today so for him, I Want You to Know I Love You by his hero, Bob Dylan.

No comments: