Saturday, September 30, 2006

Excitement Building


We are open for regular business ONE MORE DAY!!!!! I have another week of work after that and then a much needed break.

I'll walk, blog, play music, burn cds, dance, pick apples, cook but not bake, go visit my family in the next province, sit outside with my kitties, visit friends, say goodbye to my travelling daughter, send a birthday card to my one year old grand-daughter, miss S., trivialze, clean and shine my house, call friends who I have little time to call during the summer, visit some friends in a seniors home and rest up for the Christmas onslaught of really hard work.

Music: Something for my brother. I have the old Buckingham Nicks album from '73 on vinyl. My brother always loved it. I picked up one song from it the other day on a music blog that I read. I did a search and more is available but I have this one for now. S. tells me her friend has the means to copy all the vinyl to disc. Oh, what a treat that would be! I love my vinyl....just have no way to play it because someone "adjusted" my turntable a couple of years ago. Enjoy Crying in the Night by Lindsay Buckingham and Stevie Nicks before they were Fleetwood Mac.

Also, I am a huge fan of Blossom Dearie. I have lots of her music but not much of her up on the music page so here's a couple of versions of the old standard Peel Me a Grape, one with Lyle Lovett. She has such a unique voice, sounding like a little girl but singing adult songs. I love her sense of time and rhythm. She is one of a kind and still performing today. I'd love to see her live.

No comments: