Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Gabbin' 'n Barbecuin'


Oh, the smells radiating from my kitchen..... Ribs again. They sure can make a house smell great. Slow cooking for hours they can keep you wanting them all day. I have dinner at it's best. My son comes home at seven or eight o'clock and on Tuesdays and Fridays, at nine or ten. The salad will be wilted and everything once hot will now be cold. I'm having plenty of asparagus these days. My son doesn't like it at all so it all goes to me. Pity!

I've had lobster for lunch today and yesterday thanks to my Mother's Day feast from Jesse. I was too tired to eat it when I came home on Sunday but it certainly made for excellent lunches. I shelled this morning's while I chatted with a friend on the phone. Delicious and satisfying is all I can say. And yum! Oh, the smells coming from my kitchen....

I'm happily anticipating meeting Svetlana from the blogging world tomorrow. We're meeting at one. I hope I'm not already tired out from a busy town morning with several stops and errands behind me. A dental appointment is right after that so I'll use that time to relax instead of over lunch. I'm delivering flowers to a friend who enjoyed the ones I dropped off for her at her workplace last week. They cheered her all week and if I can do that for her again so simply....

The music today is from Sonny Terry and Brownie McGhee - Barbecue Any Old Time, It's got Po' Boy, Long Ways From Home in the chorus, kind of a jam sound with bottle percussion instruments and such. Something else from the old file, Gabbin' Blues by Big Maybelle.

3 comments:

Ralph said...

What a happy post! All that good food and meeting Svetlana--hope that goes well. "Gabbin'": LOL! And "Mary," on the photblog: gorgeous, gorgeous!

Cuidado said...

Ralph: Spring has a way to spread happiness. Even daffodils spread happiness.That Mary will come in handy as that is my pseudonym on that blog. Glad you enjoy the music.

Ralph said...

I saw the possible "Mary" connection and was wondering. Thanks for confirming my suspicion!