Thursday, July 06, 2006

Arting and Farting Around


This has been an arty week so far. I've sold three paintings at work and just came home from attending two art openings. Seeing new paintings is always inspiring. Both artists are favorites of mine. I have only one of John Burden's paintings. It was given to me as a birthday gift a few years ago. I have several of Greg Garand's paintings and his show was spectacular. What is really cool is that he has owed me a painting for about three years and has not forgotten which I thought he had. He is to do a painting of some land of mine but it turns out he couldn't find the land. I saw some new work by a friend of mine, Karl MacKeeman, who is doing a sketching workshop for me on Saturday and a couple more this month, a couple in August and is showing with us in September. He doesn't have a website for me to link but he sure has some nice new work. I may go this week on my town day to pick out what I'd like in September.

My niece went to the openings with my friend and I and that was fun. She's 17 and living with me for the summer. I can't believe she chose to hang out with me and not my daughter who is going to the Blues and Jazz Festival tonight. On the way home she said she didn't feel like a teenager anymore because it was 8:30 and she was thinking about going to bed. She's doing a fairly hard physical job for the summer and it's her first job so it's kind of tough but she sure is learning a lot.....like it wouldn't be a good idea to stay out till 3am when you have to work in the morning. Good for her!!

Music for tonight: Nina Simone's, Mood Indigo and Dr. John's, Blues in the Night.

2 comments:

Christine said...

lol, I remember the feeling of working at the plant for the summer for my first job...Although I don't remember being smart enough to NOT stay out until 3am before going to work in the morning. lol

But I also remember hanging out with my cool aunt that summer
going to see "Guys and Dolls", and then going out to the bars in Halifax.

The great part about hanging out with your aunt when you're 17 (or in my case, when I was 18) is that you get carded a lot less at the bars than you do when you're hanging out with your 22 year old cousin (or in my case your 18 year old cousin) *evil grin*

Cuidado said...

She could have drank the other night, I think. The waitress seemed surprised when she ordered iced tea.