Saturday, July 08, 2006

The Cool Woods




Today's highlight was going into the woods with the people in the sketching workshop at work. It was ridden by mosquitoes but other than that, pure wonder! The stream was beautiful, shiny and dappled light and dark with tiny fish dashing about and that sound that only a stream has. I want to call it dappled too.

I love the woods. I grew up with woods as my playground; trees, streams, and fields, as my toys. S. and I go to the woods often, whenever we can. Last year was great in that we were able to go in the winter and very early spring because of our lack of snow. This was a great day and I like the pictures of S. It was March 31st. The above photo is the same stream in winter. You can even see the dappling.

My only regret was I didn't take my camera for the walk today. I never go to work without it and took some pictures in the morning while I was in the front garden. Next time.

Todays uploads are, Take Me Home and This One's From the Heart from Tom Waits' 1982 album One From the Heart.

No comments: