Friday, July 28, 2006

Working and Stiff


Last night's walk on the beach was lovely. We didn't get wet except for water we splashed upon ourselves because the tide was low but it was at a very pretty time and we enjoyed it a lot.

After this very busy week I have a very packed weekend in store. Tons of people about, one event on Sunday expecting about 150 people and I'm short one waitress. Omph! Thank goodness for last night's foray to the beach and today's relatively easy day. I moved my office to the basement but it was pretty relaxed overall.

I hope my 50-something body lasts the summer. It's tough, going at the pace that I do.

Music: My Hands by Jewel and When I Stop Dreaming by Johnny Cash. Johnny has a little talk before the song, about work. Work is what we're consumed with for much of our lives and is necessary but darn, it sure is hard to make a living. Fiona Apple's, Extrordinary Machine (I'm talking about my body) is way back on the music page. I'd recommend playing that one any day, not just days when you're - thinking about my body. I found it to be one of the "songs of the year" that I put on quite a few playlists and still play a lot.

Have a good weekend..............and don't work too hard!

2 comments:

Carol Tiffin James said...

I am continually amazed at your knowledge of music. My knowledge is so limited. I had never heard of Fiona Apple, so I went to iTunes and listened a little to Extraordinary Machine. Your pictures are always beautiful!

Cuidado said...

Thanks Carol. I like your blog too. You're a much better writer than I am. I do everything very quickly and rarely take time to think about what I am writing....always in a hurry. I love music and play it every day and take my camera everywhere I go. I have cre8ive outlets during the winter but in the summer I work 6 days a week so grab my cre8ivity when I can.