Monday, July 31, 2006

Pink and White





My garden is pretty boring at this time of year. It's lovely and colourful in spring but I don't have a lot of variety now. The cats like it though, as do the bees. These aren't great pictures of the bees but another day I'll get better ones.

My niece and I went to visit a friend who just moved into a new place. He has a long and really nice woods road that goes through the property and wonderful vistas from his doors, of fields, pastures, cow and calves, and gorgeous skies. I've certainly found a new favorite hiking place for S and I and can't wait to get back. I forgot my camera today and missed some great shots.

Worked like a dog at home all morning but got in visits to two friends and spent some time with my niece so, all in all, a pretty nice day off.

Music for such a fine day: A bluegrass number by Alison Krauss and Union Station, though she's not singing this one, Pastures of Plenty. I have several versions of Summertime and it's time for a version that couldn't be any further than bluegrass, this one by Albert Ayler.

No comments: