Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Six Long Months


A milestone today - six full months without a cigarette after smoking for forty one years. I wish I could say it was a year because it feels like a year. I can say I'm never going to smoke another one again in my life and believe it. It's been hard for moments but only for moments. I'm done.

We had a great time at trivia last night. There were three age 50+ and three 28 -29 year olds on the team and that is a great mix. All bases covered. We came third but team second passed their prize on to us so we start next week with a free pitcher of beer.

Music today: The Body Breaks by Devendra Banheart and Long Time Comin' by Leela James.

7 comments:

xenmate said...

Congratulations!

I'm still battling with it. It's stronger than me...

for now...

Anonymous said...

Good work Mom! Your doing great.

Ocean said...

Congratulations Mom!!

Anonymous said...

Congrats! Been a little over four-and-a-half years for me (five years in October). Quit cold turkey after 16 years and several prior (and failed) attempts.

Anonymous said...

Congrsts|||| Keep it going.
Luv you
Cath

Cuidado said...

Thanks for all the congratulations. It just took a different mindset than any other attempt. I had to mean it this time and refuse to give in. Not so much willpower but determination. I had to say I will never smoke again...and mean it.

Anonymous said...

You are an amazing woman Mom!!!!