Thursday, July 20, 2006

Tired and Blurry


Yesterday I worked a twelve and a half hour day. Way too much for me, especially with a late night the night before. I work with a great crew though and that makes all the difference. Everyone was perky and uncomplaining. One person was missing a dinner party but I fed her well and she was getting some food saved from the party so she was ok.

I'm not so ok about missing a dinner party. I have a group of friends who have a get together every year at one friend's beach house. They had me pick the day this year so that I could make sure to have it off. Well that date is this Sunday and a couple of weeks ago, I booked it for a neighbour's 25th aniversary. I just couldn't refuse the booking. Of course my friends are disappointed; I bring dessert and I am feeling bad about it. I truly shouldn't let work come first but this year is very slow and the board is hinting at taking a staff person away so I need to bring in the money.

Three of us in this group are celebrating having been friends for thirty years and we will somehow manage to do that. We all moved to PEI 30 years ago and got jobs at the same place. When we decided to celebrate 25 years it actually took us two years to do it and celebrated 25 years in our 27th year. We got together often in those years but not specifically to celebrate our friendship.

Music for today: The Weakness in Me by Joan Armatrading and Help Me ( a real favorite) by Junior Wells.

1 comment:

Ocean said...

I would do both if I were you, you don't have to work on Monday!!!