Sunday, July 02, 2006

Hoya


Well I certainly can't wait for my day off tomorrow. I'm exhausted. I think I need more than one day off a week though. It's hard to fit mowing, housework, and pleasure in one day. Last year my best friend and I did something fun every Monday just so that I would have some pleasure to my summer other than just work. We already have one Monday outing planned and a couple of evening events that aren't on Mondays.

This week we have to see our old trivia master who has been away for a year. They want everyone to be there and have a special evening planned. He and his wife have recently become parents for the first time so we're hoping they bring the baby in for a quick look. Thursday I have a friend who is having an art show opening and he specifically called and asked me to come so I feel I will right now. On Thursday I may feel different.

Discovered a wow new group that I'll post a song of today. The Reverend Peyton's Big Damn Band is a trio so the big refers to the sound I think. High, high energy with slide guitar. I say wow! I'll post That Train Song and if anyone wants more, let me know. Also a different version of Dylan's, Outlaw Blues, which is from Exclusive Outtakes From No Direction Home - The Soundtrack.

Really cool blog entry entitles Strange Statues Around the World. Some truly unusual, some truly awesome.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the pics. The kids are so cute. I wish I could have gone over and seen them.
Luv you
Cath

xenmate said...

Cuidado, are those flowers real?

Cuidado said...

Yes, they are from one of my hoyas. I took some photos recently of one that had many, many blooms. The rest of the photos weren't that great because to get the whole plant I had to include a window and the light screwed up the photo. They are incredible plants. Before the flowers open the buds appear to be made of wax. You can see wetness on the bloom and they sometimes drip. The most amazing thing....they are night scented and heavenly. I had to take one out of my bedroom it was so strong.

xenmate said...

Wow, they look... waxy!

I don't know much about night scented plants. Does that mean they rely on a nocturnal animal for pollination or is it just that they don't close during night so you can still smell them?

Cuidado said...

I don't know either but they do not smell during the day at all, even when they're dripping. Hoya can take years and years to bloom. They must be potbound. I have several hoya plants, one is about 20 feet long. They all bloom and when they are in bloom the nights can be highly scented in here.