Saturday, July 22, 2006

A Simple Life


I love getting off work right on time, coming home, and having a bit of a ritual. Grab a beer and three kitties who like to roll on a beach and have their bellies rubbed. Call your best friend and find out about her day and tell her about yours. Discuss important, earth shattering issues for a half hour and then get supper.

Such a simple life really, and it's mine.

Music today: It's kind of unbelievable but I don't have a Joni Mitchell song anywhere on my music page. I love Joni Mitchell. I fell in love with her in 1973. I knew her before that but 1973 is when I fell in love with her. I was a college student and lived in a party house. When I needed to do papers or study I went to the apartment of two guys who were at my house partying. They had all the Joni Mitchell albums and all the Leonard Cohen albums. Can you imagine the influence that has had on me. Anyway, Joni wrote this song in the 70's and recorded it. It was meant for an older woman and found it's real place in the world when Joni recorded it for her standards album by the same name, Both Sides Now. I cried the first three times I heard this version.

Such a simple life really, and it's mine.

No comments: