Thursday, November 16, 2006

Warm Again

No Horizon

The endorphins were out in full force today. I'd love to know if speed of walking increases the number of endorphins or not. The beach was so nice. The sea smell hit me at least five minutes before I could see water and stays in my memory now. I wish I could photograph smells.

I had company today for lunch and after Oprah, both unexpected but welcome. Isolation is so easy and something to guard against but.....it's so easy.

Got invitations to two different art show openings from two friends about to show. One is on Tuesday so I will attend for sure. It's hard to have shows this time of year in this province with such a small population. I'll be sure to buy something from them both.

Music today: Here's another Iris Dement. You've heard me wax poetic about her song, Our Town, though I like someone elses version better than hers. This one, a slow ballad, is Easy's Gettin' Harder Every Day. I saw The Duhks (pronounced Ducks) in 03, the first year they were together, I think, and loved their energy. Here's a cut from this Winnipeg band, Down to the River, and in my case today, Down to the Beach.

The Link: I need quotations sometimes. A good source is Wikiquote.


No comments: