Sunday, October 07, 2007

Cooling Down


The weather has turned to autumn this weekend. We went from the mid twenties last week to nine degrees today. The leaves will really turn this week I'd say. The walking tomorrow should be really great with the cooler temps. Friday was way too warm, especially when we were walking so fast.

I saw theses horses on Friday for the first time in a long time. When I was there on Monday they were further away in their pasture and I couldn't see them. On Friday this is as close as they got and would come no further. They are in beautiful shape for rescued horses.

Guess what I had for lunch. If you guessed leftover turkey you'd be correct. It's just as good the second day.

For music today I've put up some kd lang from her Canadian songwriter tribute from a few years ago, hymns of the 49th parallel. This is how much I love this album. I had the cd, but saw one at a secondhand cd store and bought another one just to give it away. I can't even remember who I gave it to. Love Is Everything is my favorite song on the album. kd does it even better than Jane Siberry, the songwriter. It makes me melt. She does a nice version of Neil Young's Helpless, which I'm putting up today and her rendition of Leonard Cohen's, Halleluja is the favorite version of many, including my sister-in-law. Some days are just kd lang days ........ Canada's finest voice, in my opinion.

No comments: