Monday, October 01, 2007

Just the Beginning


My Monday hike begins with a steep downgrade of about a quarter of a mile. Guess what! It ends at the same place but is then a steep upgrade. I've been eating a few desserts lately and in wanting to work them off, decided to do my two hour hike at a super fast pace. That last quarter mile can be a killer but today when I jumped in my car after reaching the top, I think my endorphen level was such that I could have made it home without a car. I still feel fantastic two hours later. I plan on doing a lot more hiking in the next near future. Anyone want to join me?

The leaves aren't even near as colourful here yet as they are in New Brunswick. The photo above was taken of a hillside visible on today's walk. The leaves are still mostly green. The next few weeks should be the most beautiful hiking weather. I'm very excited. I'm going to try to find someone to hike with as my regular partner has been busy and I like the company though solo is perfectly ok too as it is much quieter. As I said yesterday, no bears or moose to contend with here.

Here are songs 299 and 300 on page two. Autumn by Paolo Nutini seems like an appropriate song for today. We don't have colourful leaves yet but overnight we had our first major frost of the autumn. Autumn is here! Be Still by Los Lobos is today's other choice as today's hike was by myself and the stillness was such a big part of the occasion, a good part.

No comments: