Thursday, October 18, 2007

For My Listening Pleasure



I've had one of those days where you do something in the morning that affects your whole day. I went to town and forgot my list.

I don't use lists for many things but I have a town list where I jot things down and don't really look at again till I pick it up and take it to town. As a result I don't really know what's on it. It could be weeks old and things as scattered as shampoo, hose clamp, birthday card, and a toilet bowl brush. Nothing related and not things you can easily think of out of their context. Anyway it was a pain but not earth shattering. I had plenty of other things to do and enjoyed being outside on this stunning day.

The forecast is another great day tomorrow then rain for Saturday which is our planned hiking day. I hope my friend is willing to hike in the rain again. I need to get out there while it's still nice. Speaking of which, I should be outside right now.

I forgot to mention that at last night's dinner with friends we cooked that fresh fish outside on an open fire . It was really nice. When I took my clothes off at bedtime it all came back too, as they smelled of smoke from the fire.

There seems to be a problem putting a photo up again today. It worked yesterday when I put it up later in the evening so I may have to do that again.

What do you feel like listening to? I'd take suggestions. I feel like some Latin. Son Para Ti (Tune For You) by Sierra Maestro is a lovely ballad and that's what I'm a sucker for in any language. Toro Mata is a well known Latin song and also the name of a movie. I have other versions of the song but Toro Mata by Peru Negro is done with a very rhythmic Peruvian folk sound that I love. She's a little reminiscent of my favorite, Susana Baca. They sing the same type of working class folk style that makes Peruvian music so popular. It's popular on my dance tapes and playlists anyway.

2 comments:

Ocean said...

Play a song for me.
I hate the smell of campfire on my clothes, eek

Cuidado said...

I have a song for you and will call you later. Love ya. Mom