Monday, January 08, 2007

Getting On With It - A New Year


We had snow earlier today but rain took over by mid afternoon. We will be left with slush after the temperature rises as is forecasted. It looked pretty while it lasted. The photo above is from last year and is an animal track I saw on my way to the beach during a mid-winter walk. I like the deep shadow.

I've been surrounded by good friends who love me. I just pass it on. I've had a long list of phone calls to make to celebrate the new year with friends from all over the world. I've been making at least one of these phone calls per day; sometimes more. They are all similar in that the person is glad to hear from me and we catch up on a year's activities in each of our lives. There has been a lot of laughter, a few tears, always acceptance and compassion for each other's situations and most of all, love that has spanned the years. What more can a person ask for?

I heard today that Oprah is having a concert one day soon of Mary J Blige, Carly Simon and Corinne Baily Rae, who I mentioned last week is new to me. I'll definitely be tuning in.

The new year has begun in earnest. I made quite a few pairs of earrings today and have several paintings from last year prepared to varnish tomorrow. I feel like painting, at this point, so will start some base-coating tomorrow. I find it therapeutic and look forward to it.

Music: I really like Mary J. Blige and really like this song, About You featuring Will-I-Am, that has samples of Nina Simone in it. Also up is Not Gon' Cry (good advice) by Mary as well. She's been a wonderful example of finding joy in dark places.

No comments: