Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Country Friends




An update on the robin eggs..... When BF's father found the eggs they were covered in oil and antifreeze. He wiped them off and put them back in the nest. BF has never seen a robin leaving from under the hood when he gets in the truck so maybe the mama has already abandoned the nest. He came to my work yesterday and showed some workers there. We were all oohing and aahing and suggesting possible outcomes.

We played our last night at trivia and came second. The rest of our team has been gone for a while but two of us hung in there till now. We gave our pitcher of beer away because we won't be there next week to have it and had already had our limit of two for driving. We'll be back at it in September.

Did I tell you I'm a collector of songs? I have a few songs that I love, love, love and collect lots of versions of those songs. One of these songs is I'll Take Care of You. Today's upload is two good versions, one by Bobby Bland (and BB King on guitar) and a slow one by Etta James who is in great voice here. Bobby gets bored and ends early. That's one of the earliest versions I have. I first fell in love with the song after hearing Van sing it which also happened with the song Help Me. He's such a great singer and chooses great songs. Help Me is another one of my favorites and I have lots of versions.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Where are the farm animals from?>

Cuidado said...

Orwell Corner.