Friday, June 23, 2006

Waiting is Hell


Oh, heart be still. My son and his family were supposed to arrive around 4:30. Because of a flight delay and rental car delays they are arriving at eight. I can't stand it! My youngest son is on the same ferry by coincidence so that's cool......for them.

Uploads today: On a Slow Boat to China by Renee Olstead. Wish it could be named Slow Boat to the Island. Also, Them There Eyes by Billie Holliday, which my kids grew up hearing me sing to them.

Hopefully I won't be electrocuted before this posting and uploading are over - we're having a wicked thunderstorm. I hope my grandchildren aren't afraid of thunder.

3 comments:

Lilwater said...

Aah... we share the Grandma worries, and I also live on an island. *sigh* one of my grandkids think being with friends is much more important than being at grandmas, so I miss that experience this year.

Cuidado said...

They're here at last...and only come every two years so I have taken a few days off work. Heaven!

Osquer said...

Good choice in music and delightful cheery photos all over your site! What an adorable family you have!