Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Summertime


The hay is made....forty-eight hours between photos. There is so much talk about every crop being early this year and I don't have tomatoes or beans in at work yet. New potatoes were in a few roadside stands and stores last Saturday...the earliest ever recorded in PEI. Time flies even when you're not having fun.

For uploads today you're thinking I'm going to put up a couple of versions of Summertime. I could do that. Instead a goodbye to spring with Jolie Holland's Springtime Can Kill You and a short melancholy number by Blossom Dearie, Once Upon a Summertime. Oh, you know I can't help it. Two versions of Summertime. One fabulous latin-accented version by Susana Baca and a really swell one by Renee Olstead. I actually thought Renee's was already on the page.

Back to the regularly scheduled SUMMER!

No comments: