Sunday, June 18, 2006

Less Than a Week!!!!!

Musical Friends

In anticipation of my son's family coming next week, I am cooking all day today. He needs a fix of his Mom's spaghetti sauce, of course. When I go visit him I have to make some for the freezer while I'm there. He says it's the room and board fee.

On his birthday many years ago (13th or 14th, maybe) he had a sleep over. His friends wanted a lip sync contest and wanted me to be in it too. I did the song I'm uploading today. The boys just sat there, mouths open, staring and declared me the winner before they'd all had their turns. I've heard lots of versions of this song but no one does it like this....well maybe me lip syncing. Phoebe Snow's version of There's a Boat That's Leavin' Soon for New York. Also for my son who is Bob Dylan's biggest fan, a version of Bob's song, Girl From the North Country by Dylan and Johnny Cash.

4 comments:

Christine said...

I'm assuming that your spaghetti sauce is the same recipe as Grampys sauce...

If it is then let Aaron know that I've got a "quick n easy" version that, although it's not EXACTLY the same, is pretty close... Or at least close enough for those of us who don't care to slave over a stove for hours to make it from scratch anyway...

Do you know if he plans on stopping over for a few hours in NB? I'd love to see them again!

Anonymous said...

Hey,
We're flying this time. I don't know if you remember from last time, but the boy gave us a run for it during the trip. About half-way through Quebec, if someone had offered to teleport us to PEI, in exchange for our house, we would have gladly taken the deal. It is all air-miles, so not too big a deal.

Mom's spaghetti is different than Gram's. If I recall, Gram used to put Molasses or something like that in hers.

Christine said...

lol, Nope, not molasses. Cinnamon!
As far as I'm concerned it's not REAL spaghetti sauce unless it has the cinnamon in it... It just doesn't taste right!

Hope you have a good trip! Too bad the kids won't get to see each other again! Olivia would love it! But then again, I'm going to be in surgery next Monday when you're making your way to the Island, so... oh well... maybe next year?

Unknown said...

Who is that handsome bass player, what a stalion!