Friday, June 16, 2006

We'll Be Hearing Mowers Today


What a morning already! I already have sheets on the line and the cats are rolling around looking up into the sun and rejoicing like everyone else on PEI. After all that rain, we're all feeling a bit mouldy. It promises to be sunny for three to five days. We got the leftovers from tropical storm Alberto and got much more rain than was expected. It was pouring like you only rarely see and it was for about eight hours straight. Enough already!

If I'd known how wet it was going to be I could have uploaded a couple from Bob Dylan; Watching the River Flow or Buckets of Rain. Ian Tyson's, Sixteen Inches of Rain, would have been appropriate and Higher Ground by The Blind Boys of Alabama would have fit too. But that was yesterday.

Today, The Sunny Side of the Street by Ella Fitzgerald has been uploaded as well as one by Billy Preston that I promised last week. It is God Planned It and I bet he's talking about a day like this.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I sure like that picture of Clarke. He is quite the cat.

Cuidado said...

That he is and I can tell you miss him.

Ocean said...

My little fella sure is a cutie!!