Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Eating For One


It is still odd after cooking for large families my whole life that I now cook for only one. I don't cook any differently really, but I certainly eat differently. I cook only every couple of days and eat the same foods two or three days in a row. I like it in a way; it's less work and it certainly costs less but it is less satisfying in it's own way. I'm a pretty darned good cook and like feedback about it, which having kids and younger siblings was always built in. I miss that and it makes eating less satisfying somehow. I feel like I wasted all this good cooking but at the same time know that I deserve, more than anyone, to benefit from the skill. I do eat well!

Music: Keep the Coffee Coming is a music and more blog that I visit every day. The writer, Kat is just discovering Randy Newman. Here are a couple for her: You Can Keep You Hat On, a live version, and You've Got Friend In Me. Many people think he's corny but I really love Randy Newman. I love his voice but mostly his timing. He's a very good singer that way. He is very prolific too, very good at soundtrack writing. I must look to see if he's up to anything new. God Bless Google.

6 comments:

Kat said...

Thanks for both of these. It didn't take long to turn me into a Randy Newman fan!

Cuidado said...

Always glad to share the music.

Ocean said...

I sure miss your cooking!!!

Cuidado said...

I had wonderful rice and beef korma and salad tonight (and last night LOL). It was good. Wish you were here to share.

Anonymous said...

I REALLY miss your cooking. Although the great benefit of living on your own is you don't have to eat things you don't like. I haven't had cabbage, liver or meatloaf in a longggg time!

- A

Cuidado said...

Nor should you have to eat those things if you don't like them. I can't remember you ever eating liver though.