Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Love Links


Kenz and Bella have both agreed, separately, to be my valentines. This day has brought to my ears fantastic love stories. All morning and at noon the radio was filled with these awesome or unbelievable or inspiring love stories. The one o'clock phone-in was asking for favorite love songs (this is mine) which brought more stories and then Oprah this afternoon put me over the edge. I've had fabulous love stories happen in my own life and they are what makes the world go 'round. No doubt about that.

I cleaned this window today. It was kind of an all day job as it involved washing, drying and ironing curtains and cleaning the blue blottles and heart-shaped shells and rocks that I collected over the years. I had to be careful with the hoya plant and lost only two leaves. One branch is over 15 feet long.

Some days I think I am going be taken over by hoyas. They are one plant I can certainly grow and several encircle the main rooms of my house. The one pictured below is nearly in bloom again. Early. The ones in the kitchen are the most immense but don't bloom as often as they once did. There are always cautions about repotting hoyas and the kitchen plant is a perfect example of why. They just don't like it. Hmmmmm. Maybe I'm like a hoya.




I haven't any music about hoyas but can manage a requisite version of My Funny Valentine. My favorites I don't even have on my computer but I do have a few versions in the files. This one is from Chet Baker. I had planned on the Ella version but a music blog that I read daily beat me to it. If you don't have a lover, here is something you can dance to all by your ownself. It's a great version of Moody's Mood For Love by Amy Winehouse. I can't velieve I don't have a version of this great song up already. I'll have to double check.

Being a ballad lover I have about a thousand "love songs." If you're into it here are a couple more that are already uploaded. I'm saving you the work and at the same time showcasing my favorites. Browsing the music page wil help you glean even more, maybe favorites of you own.

Here's one from kd, one from Betty and Ray, one from Ella, and another from Peggy Lee. Don't forget Phoebe Snow who is wishing what we all wish. Willie also wants to be heard, and you know we'd never forget this one by Leon Russell. This one alway confused me as being the weirdest love song but it is truly a love song and one of my favorite versions is by Maria Rita Morena. These are my four more of my favorites, 1, 2, 3 and 4. Whew!

4 comments:

Gattina said...

I was looking for Photo Pherrets and found your cute cat couple, lol ! Although they are not red, I find this picture ideal for Valentine's. Have you ever visited my 4 cats ? They are quite funny !

Cuidado said...

Yes, I've been to your site and like your cats and cat stories.

Anonymous said...

What is a photo pherret?
-A

Cuidado said...

It's the name of a weekly photo challenge that comes out on wednesday. I enter each week. How was your romantic dinner?