Monday, June 18, 2007

All By Myself


Is it Monday already? It seemed like a short weekend with either being tired or sleeping late. I slept in again this morning and it thoroughly messes me up. Also, when I sleep in I have dreams or more accurately, nightmares. This morning I dreamed my daughter, sis-in-law and her son discovered a dead body and asked me to call 911. I did and the dispatchers started questioning me as though I had committed this murder. Let me up at my usual 5:30 thanks.

The beach last night was wonderful. We didn't have a very spectacular sunset, quite non-descript as a matter of fact. The beach's salt air is, to me, one of the most exhilarating features of being there. It seems to cure me at the moment as if it is so basic to life. I feel the same of the saltiness of oysters and truly believe that they are the magical cure. The salt air and the salt brine of an oyster are somehow related in my mind.

For music today is Notes On Air by Alejandro Escovedo. I'm certain he's talking about PEI's salt air. All By Myself by Eric Carmen is an oldie now. I think it's from the eighties or maybe before. I always liked it and it's valid for me these days.

No comments: