Monday, June 11, 2007

Monday Again


I missed my doggie friends and my horse friends today. My usual Monday hike is cancelled for the time being with work but I may have Mondays off and if I do, I'll be hiking for sure.

The lilacs and apple blossoms are in full bloom right now. The smell in the house is incredible as I have several bouquets of each. The hoyas all over the house are fully in bloom as well, so when I wake in the middle of the night that's the first thing I become aware of because they are night-scented. I have hoyas that are in bloom for the first time and the blooms are very abundant on all of them. They are really terrific for scenting the house at night. I had one in my bedroom years ago and had to take it out as the strong scent kept me awake. Now they are all downstairs and still, the scent is very strong.

I am really taken with singersongwriter, Brandi Carlile. She had a unique, powerful voice and her lyrics are top notch. I've been putting quite a few of her songs on playlists and always get comments or questions about her afterward. The Story is the title of her new album and the title song is fantastic. You'd think it was written by an older woman. I can't find the song, Creep, on any of her albums but have this cut from a live concert. I'm not usually a fan of rock but she's rocky and I like her a lot.

3 comments:

Christine said...

The reason this song isn't on any of her albums is that it's not her song.

Creep was originally released by Radiohead in 1993. This version was probably just a cover she sang during the concert. Great version though!

Ocean said...

how was the first day at work? love ya

Cuidado said...

Thanks, Christine.

Easy, Ocean