Thursday, June 21, 2007

Rain on the First Day of Summer - Lovely


Yesterday's plea for summer was for heat and sun. I also wished for rain. No matter what the weather, summer is here by default. It's the the 21st of June.

Innnn (Kenz wanted to add her two cents.) got my wish for rain. We had steady, gentle rain all day. It was wonderful. Finally! I feel replenished. I've always been a lover of the rain. It matters though if it is a reasonable amount of rain. There is nothing more depressing than too much. My visit to BC for three weeks, years ago, convinced me that I could never live with their extreme rain. My brother lives in a rainy area along the BC coast and he is fine with it.

You've probably guessed the music today. Rain, of course. Light Rain is a lovely, mellow folk tune by Eric Von Schmidt. Buckets of Rain is an old favorite of mine by Bob Dylan and it's up somewhere on Page One of the music pages. Take time to look for it if you want to hear the original. Here's a great version by Jimmy LaFave. I like it a lot. I have other versions too that will eventually make it up here.

No comments: