Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Another Sunset


It has been quite a week. I've seen people I haven't seen in years which is usually the case at funerals. I think I talked about that last week. My son is gone back and my daughter is leaving on Friday. Funny how it all works out; home for a happy occasion then a day or two later, back for a sad occasion. It's all over now and we get back to real life. I start work Monday.

My daughter mowed for me today and I'm so pleased. She was going to do it while she was here last week but didn't. My son wanted to do it too but left last night. I need these kids to move home!

I have music by The Duhks again today. Death Came a Knockin' is an old song done in a really nice modern way by this wonderful Canadian group. I had thought that the band was breaking up but have been informed that the female lead singer has left the band and has been replaced for the summer. They are looking for a permanant replacement for the fall. I love Ruthie Foster's version too. It's more traditional and gospel-like. It's a song that makes you think and makes death not seem so bad. Give both a listen and let me know what you think. It's always been one of my favorite gospel songs.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I really wanted to mow that lawn! Can you toss me a picture of your new roof? I want to show Mrs B.!

Tks,
A